Index du Forum

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

goal at 7:28 of the second, flipping the p

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Le Salon de la Communauté -> Diver
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hfy962464

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Oct - 19:03:53 (2018)    Sujet du message: goal at 7:28 of the second, flipping the p Répondre en citant

In his job running the NHLs department of player safety, Brendan Shanahan often had to make quick decisions. Steve Grogan Jersey . He would hold a hearing, make a ruling and shoot a video explaining a suspension all sometimes in a matter of hours. Tasked in his new role as Toronto Maple Leafs president with fixing what ails a team that lost 12 of its final 14 games to miss the playoffs, Shanahan feels plenty of internal pressure to make some changes. But he knows it wont be an easy or fast process. "Im realistic that you cant do everything overnight, that there are 29 other teams that are trying to accomplish the same goal and also covet good players," Shanahan said in a phone interview Wednesday. "No ones going to lay down for us because were the Toronto Maple Leafs and give us their assets." Shanahan, who took his time before deciding along with general manager Dave Nonis to extend coach Randy Carlyle for two more seasons and fire assistants Scott Gordon, Greg Cronin and Dave Farrish, seems willing to take a patient approach in remaking the roster to suit his style. One month into this new challenge, the 45-year-old insisted its too early to even know how much change the Leafs need. "You want to be ready to come out of the gates, we all know how important each game is, but I would say with most teams the team that starts a season isnt necessarily the same team that ends a season," Shanahan said. "For me, timing is less an issue as is the quality of the decisions. I dont feel and Im not getting any pressure from anyone in the organization saying this team has to look like this by this date." There may not be a firm deadline for major or minor changes to player personnel, but there are certainly mile-markers along the way. Sometime in the near future the Leafs must replace the three fired assistant coaches, which will happen with input from Shanahan, Nonis and Carlyle. Then the draft and free agency provide the first real chances to reshape the team. Shanahan will lean on the scouting staff as far as the drafting goes, but he wont shy away from sharing his opinion. When it comes to making trades and signing free agents, hell begin the true process of moulding the Leafs in his image. Given the talk about culture change and a lack of an identity from Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment president Tim Leiweke on the day Shanahan was introduced and reports that captain Dion Phaneuf, defenceman Jake Gardiner and centre Nazem Kadri are the subject of trade talks, some significant moves should probably be expected. Nonis is fond of saying even as he signs players to long-term deals that none of them include full no-trade clauses. Shanahan believes that gives the Leafs roster flexibility to make changes. "I would agree with Daves assessment," he said. "Absolutely." Shanahan wasnt showing his hand on how quickly he might want to make moves, cautioning that he doesnt have a one-size-fits-all theory on how to conduct business. "Im confident in my ability to make informed decisions when I think theyre right not on any timetable," he said. "Basically we could be making decisions that would appear that were being hasty, but if the right decision is there and its there right now, well make it. And if I feel that the strong decision and the strong move is to sit back and wait, then Ill do that as well." In the short-term, theres keen interest in what Shanahan does with a team that made the playoffs in the lockout-shortened 2013 season and fell short in 2013-14 following a memorable collapse. But beyond hinting that in-season changes could also be coming, he intends to look elsewhere in the organization for big-picture alterations. "I know that whats probably most interesting to fans and to people around the league are coaching decisions and player-personnel decisions," Shanahan said. "But also I think its equally as important to devote time to your player-development staff, your scouting staff -- just the entire guts and foundation of what makes a strong organization." Adrian Clayborn Jersey . -- Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman is undergoing surgery to repair a broken bone above his left eye but has no other serious injuries after being hit in the face by a line drive in a spring training game. Jordan Richards Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. http://www.patriotsauthenticshop.com/Patriots-Laadrian-Waddle-Draft-Jersey/ . According the CSNBayArea.com, the 31-year-old suffered an ACL injury in his right knee on Friday when he collided with Anaheims Emerson Etem during a pre-season game.ABBOTSFORD, B.C. - Shots were at a premium for the Abbotsford Heat on Friday night, but Corban Knight made no mistake in making the most of his. The 23-year-old rookie notched a hat trick in Abbotsfords 6-3 victory over the visiting Rockford IceHogs, despite being outshot 48-18 in the American Hockey League matchup. Although Knight admitted his goals werent the most highlight-reel type of goals, he made them count when he got the chance. "It was definitely a relief to get that first one," Knight said. "Then after that it was just kind of one of those nights where things were kind of going well for me offensively … You look at my goals and none of them were really that flashy, so it was just nice to get that off my back and contribute offensively for my team." Knight said his first professional hat trick couldnt have happened without the help of his linemates Sven Baertschi and Tim Miller. "Baertschis been putting up a lot of points and producing offensively," said Knight. "(Millers) the kind of guy where he just brings his lunch pail and just works hard and gets a lot of pucks back. Tonight it was just kind of clicking for us." Miller said theres no mistaking the dynamic between Knight and Baertschi on the ice. "I got the notice in the pre-game skate that I was going to play with those guys," Miller said. "You can tell the talent those two have out there. Its my job to still play physical, try to create room for them in the offensive zone and get to the net." Knight scored back-to-back goals in the first period. The High River, Alta., native tipped a shot from Max Reinhart over Jason LaBarberas left shoulder to give his team a 2-1 edge on the power play at 16:40 of the first period. His second goal came just over a minute later at 18:04 as Miller took advantage on a Rockford turnover in the IceHogs zone, feeding the puck across the crease to Knight, who buried it short side. Baertschi had two goals and three assists for Abbotsford (38-25-7), while Miller picked up a goal and two helpers. "That line had an oppportunistic night — they did a good job finishing," said Abbotsford head coach Troy Ward. Joe Thuney Jersey. "We thought Miller was our best player … I thought he had his best game by far for the Heat. He just opens up space for those other guys. He played honest, he played hard, and he gives Corban and Sven some space." Joni Ortio stopped 45 of the 48 shots he faced in the victory. "He made some big time saves at really important times, so he was huge for us tonight," Knight said. "I dont think we wouldve won that game without him playing the way he did." Mark McNeill and Alex Broadhurst each had a goal and an assist for Rockford (33-27-9). LaBarbera allowed four goals on 12 shots in the loss, while Kent Simpson stopped five shots in a relief effort. "It was a tough night and kind of weird game out there," said Knight. "The feel of the game was just weird, but fortunately we got the win, so well put it behind us and get ready for tomorrow." McNeill opened the scoring at 3:05 of the first as he powered around Abbotsfords Zach Davies, cut to the crease and roofed it over Ortios glove. Broadhurst and Klas Dahlbeck picked up assists. At 11:25 of the first, Miller picked up Heat captain Dean Arsenes point shot and buried the rebound into an open net to tie the game. Less than a minute into the second period, Alex Broadhurst received a Terry Broadhurst pass from behind the net and quickly put it past the outstretched left pad of Ortio. Knight scored his hat trick goal at 7:28 of the second, flipping the puck on net from behind the goal-line, and squeaking it just between the goal post and LaBarberas left shoulder. Baertschi added to Abbotsfords lead by feeding an intended pass through the crease that deflected off of a Rockford defender at 13:49 of the second. The IceHogs responded on the power play at 16:21 as Brian Connelly fed Adam Clendening at the point, who then fired it through traffic to cut Abbotsfords lead to 5-3. Baertschi added an empty-net goal from centre ice with 0:41 remaining in the game. Cheap Baltimore Orioles Gear Cheap Boston Red Sox Gear Cheap New York Yankees Gear Cheap Tampa Bay Rays Gear Cheap Toronto Blue Jays Gear Cheap Chicago Cubs Gear Cheap Milwaukee Brewers Gear Cheap Pittsburgh Pirates Gear Cheap Cincinnati Reds Gear Cheap St. Louis Cardinals Gear Cheap Arizona Diamondbacks Gear Cheap Colorado Rockies Gear Cheap Los Angeles Dodgers Gear Cheap San Diego Padres Gear Cheap San Francisco Giants Gear ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Oct - 19:03:53 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Le Salon de la Communauté -> Diver Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 6 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation