Index du Forum

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

not satisfied until ever

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Le Salon de la Communauté -> Diver
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hfy962464

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 18 Oct - 01:35:14 (2018)    Sujet du message: not satisfied until ever Répondre en citant

One of the CFLs longest-serving commissioners is leaving the post. Charles Hudon Jersey . Mark Cohon will not return for a third term when his current contract expires in April, 2015. Now in his eighth season as CFL commissioner, only Jake Gaudaur (1968-1984) and Sydney Halter (1958-1966) have held the position as long. Cohon, 48, says he made the announcement now to give the CFLs board of governors time to recruit his replacement. A lucrative television deal, the return of Ottawa to the CFL, labour peace until 2018, a more stringent drug-testing policy and new stadium projects in Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Hamilton and Ottawa will be among Cohons legacies. "Those were all things that were major projects to move this league along," Cohon told reporters Wednesday on a conference call. "The thing I can be proud of is we built this great foundation for the next individual to build upon and for the board of governors to build upon." The weak position of the Argonauts in Torontos sports landscape and expansion into Atlantic Canada are unfinished business for Cohon, and a concussion lawsuit against the CFL was filed last month. Cohon says he will continue to work on improving the Argos situation before he departs. "Whats next for me is looking tape on Monday, doing discipline on Monday, closing sponsorship deals and getting ready for the Grey Cup, making an announcement on who the halftime act is at the Grey Cup and focusing on the business at hand," he said. "I havent even thought whats next for me. Im confident in my abilities in terms of thinking about what I can do. That will be another chapter, another story and another interview for another time." He took over as commissioner in 2007 from Tom Wright and signed a contract extension in February, 2012. During the 100th anniversary of the Grey Cup in Toronto that year, he told reporters "Im happy where I am, Im challenged and I hope to be around for a while." But Cohon says hes checked off the important items on a checklist he compiled in 2007. "I looked at that list and said you know what? Its probably the right time for me," he said. "Ive loved this job and I love this job. But I think there is a point in anyones career that you look at it and say OK, Im 48 years old. Im going to be 49 at the end of my term. "Building that infrastructure around our stadiums was critical. I think our TV deal was another critical moment for us in building that financial stability. "Probably because its so new and exciting, less than a month ago when I stood on the field and saw that sea of red and black in Ottawa and the team back in Ottawa, that is something I think Ill always remember." The five-year television deal with TSN and RDS worth a reported $40 million per year gives the CFL unprecedented financial stability. The labour unrest the deal created was resolved in June with a new five-year collective bargaining agreement. Cohon is working with Argonauts owner David Braley to get the team out of the Rogers Centre and into the more fan-friendly environment at BMO Field. "For us to continue to grow and be strong as a league, part of that is continuing to grow our strength in Toronto," Cohon said. "The path has been laid and thats something I want to continue to work on while Im here, but I think were in a good situation to continue on that dialogue." He says his successor must know how to work with "strong personalities" and build consensus among the leagues owners. "Any time you have an executive of Marks experience and accomplishments and his age, theres always the thought hes going to look for that next phase in his career," said Jim Lawson, chairman of the board of governors. "Its not a shock. Its a reality of business. Were in a much better position today after Marks tenure." Alexei Kovalev Jersey . Van Slyke drove in a career-high four runs with two homers off struggling left-hander Tony Cingrani, and the Los Angeles Dodgers pulled away to a 6-2 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Monday night, a rare comfortable win in their pitching-dominated series. Mark Streit Jersey .com) - Real Madrid claimed its 16th consecutive victory across all competitions on Saturday after earning a 2-1 win over Malaga at the Estadio La Rosaleda. http://www.canadiensauthority.com/authentic-jordie-benn-canadiens-jersey/ . The moves were the first punitive steps taken by the Dolphins since a report on the NFLs investigation of the case was released last week. Investigators found that guard Richie Incognito and two teammates engaged in persistent harassment directed at tackle Jonathan Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant trainer.The Buffalo Bills wont be coming north this season. The NFL club and Rogers Communications announced Wednesday theyve put the beleaguered Bills Toronto Series -- which features Buffalo playing exhibition and regular-season games at Rogers Centre -- on hold for at least a year. That means the team will play eight home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, N.Y., for the first time since 2007. "The plan is to postpone it for one year, regroup and determine whats the next best step," said Keith Pelley, the president of Rogers Communications media division. "Its not nullified right now, we have an agreement in place. "Anything is possible but thats not the plan. The plan is to take a step back and say, OK, the Series is having some challenges, the NFL is still big in Toronto, its still important to the Bills so whats the best way to move forward?" The decision comes a little more than a year after the Bills and Rogers agreed to renew the series for five years, though 2017 after the original five-year deal expired. A series-low gathering of 38,969 watched the Atlanta Falcons nip Buffalo 34-31 in overtime Dec. 1 at Rogers Centre, which can seat 54,000 spectators for football. The loss dropped the Bills regular-season record in Toronto to a dismal 1-5 -- and 0-4 in December -- since the start of the series in 08. Buffalo also sports the NFLs longest active post-season drought at 14 straight seasons. Bills president Russ Brandon said the atmosphere at Rogers Centre versus Atlanta figured in the clubs decision to take a step back. "I think thats a fair comment," Brandon told reporters in Orchard Park. "Obviously were trying to build a fan base north of the border and this year I would say it was a neutral crowd. "Some of that had to do with how we played over the last six years, (that) has really not been conducive to building a lot of fans that were NFL fans, but were trying to make them Bills fans. Were going to continue to try to do that through a variety of initiatives that we will be working with Rogers over the next year in a very robust sponsorship and partnership that we will have that will cater to fans above the border." Following the loss to Atlanta, Brandon publicly questioned whether his club loses its competitive edge playing in Toronto. Buffalo has often battled neutral crowds at its home away from home. Bills games at Rogers Centre routinely attract a mix of NFL fans who proudly don their team colours and cheer as loudly -- or sometimes louder -- for Buffalos opponent than the home team. In fact, several Falcons players were surprised at the support they received at Rogers Centre. "It didnt feel like we were in Canada," said Atlanta safety William Moore. "I even saw a No. 25 jersey (Moores number) out there." Whats more, playing in a domed facility robs the Bills of their biggest home advantage: The cold, windy conditions that are the norm in December at Ralph Wilson Stadium. "Were going to go through a detailed full analysis," Brandon said. "Were going to look at every aspect that if we do come back we have a more robust fan experience and try to create more of a home field advantage for us. Tomas Plekanec Jersey. "Right now that was not the situation. That was one of the reasons we want to get in to a lot of detail with our partners up there and see if that is viable moving forward." Brandons statement "if we do come back," prompted a followup question regarding whether the Bills mightve played their final game in Toronto. "What I said is that were going through a full evaluation process and well work with our partners," Brandon responded. The Bills Toronto Series was unveiled as an attempt to showcase Toronto as a viable NFL city. Rogers Communications Inc. paid US$78 million to stage eight games -- five regular season, three exhibition -- expecting southern Ontario fans to flock to Rogers Centre. But high-priced tickets -- initially averaging over $180 each, compared to roughly US$51 at Orchard Park --and struggling Bills teams combined to make it a tough sell. Tickets were reduced to roughly an average price of $99 to make the game more affordable but even that didnt result in a sellout. "Its always very difficult to change public opinion midway through a project," Pelley said. "Theres no hiding the fact the series did not get off to a rosy start. "It tough midway through to change that perception, hence the reason why we thought it would be a best to take a year off then re-launch it once weve thought that through." Series organizers have also struggled to find the right formula to re-create the NFL experience here. A huge attraction for many American football fans is arriving at the stadium hours before kickoff, setting up the barbecue to cook a variety of foods while throwing a football around in the parking lot or breaking down the upcoming game with friends over a cold beer. However, provincial laws make that impossible in Toronto. The creation of the series also fuelled speculation Toronto would be the landing spot for the Bills upon the death of Ralph Wilson Jr., the clubs 95-year-old owner. However, Brandon routinely stated the NFL club was merely broadening its regional base to include Canadas largest city and generate additional revenue. Brandon said the Bills must take ownership for their role in the series struggles. "I think its been a roller-coaster from the standpoint of just the losses," he said. "Thats on us. "Some of the initiatives Rogers has worked through on their end have improved, but obviously this past year was disappointing with that neutral crowd that we had there, to say the least. I think there have been positives. As I mentioned earlier, the biggest positive has been the influx of fans back here at Ralph Wilson Stadium." Now the question remains whether the Bills can sell out eight home games in 2014. "Obviously last year we had to really work for our sellouts, understandably so," Brandon said. "Thats something that were willing to take on, that challenge. "We have very passionate fans and tremendous fans, but we have to really work to sell tickets here as weve discussed in the past. Were not satisfied until every seat in this building is sold. Thats always the No. 1 initiative and really the foundation of how we run our business." Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 18 Oct - 01:35:14 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Le Salon de la Communauté -> Diver Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 6 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | creer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation